How can I help you today?
Plan the early stages of a website project
The beginning of a website project can be daunting, especially if you have a new team, need to change technologies, or have not redeveloped your flagship website in several years. I can help you plan well, and I can serve as an outside voice and perspective on a project that often has tentacles throughout an entire organization. I will:
- Ensure all the relevant people are participating in your planning conversations
- Plan focused discussions to ensure the team understands goals, intersections with other organizational projects, trade-offs, and risks and can hear each others’ aspirations and concerns
- Consider the best way to sequence projects when your team wants to do everything at once
- Learn effective lessons from prior projects
- Help you connect with peers to gain insight and understanding about common pitfalls.
Draft a Request for Proposals and lead your website project bid
- Develop, and help your team finalize, a detailed Request for Proposals that will help firms describe a solid plan for your project, show you similar work, build estimated project budgets, and level with you about project risks
- Gather and pre-qualify a list of diverse firms who can successfully complete your project
- Help your team make good use of time as we work together to review and score proposals, conduct interviews and complete due diligence
- Manage all aspects of behind-the-scenes bidder communications and logistics, freeing your team to continue doing your day-to-day work
Help you unstick a stuck website project
Sometimes projects run aground, and how you got there isn’t clear. Let’s figure out how to get the project redirected onto a productive path. I can:
- Listen to all parties and ask questions to figure out why things are stuck
- Figure out options with pros and cons with respect to cost, time and rework
- Help the team redevelop timeline
- If necessary, and only when necessary, manage a vendor transition.
Half-day and full-day gigs
Maybe you just need a quick strike:
- Review one or more proposals
- Facilitate a strategy session with an outside voice
- Train your staff on writing well online
Our client just launched a new amazing website and they are thrilled. None of this would have happened so easily without Emily’s guidance and direction.– Sharon Reis
Can I help you with your next project? I’d love to hear from you.